The Deceiver Saga begins!

Whelp, book 1, The Deceiver, is in print and people are already reading it! And my Publisher, Tate Publishing & Enterprises, LLC, is already shipping them! The actual public release date isn’t until September 10th, so this is pretty cool folks. You can read it before marketing actually kicks off and it hits book stores.  

I have to confess, it is absolutely unreal to hold my books, sign them for my friends and family and hear people’s reaction to what they’re reading. A few have already finished (read it over the weekend!) and are asking me when they can get their hands on book 2, Broken Seed. They are excited and hungry for more—what an honor to hear that. It truly is. I am going to look back at these blogs in years to come, and be like, “Wow, that was only the beginning. What a great group of friends and what enthusiastic support.” And I’ll say it now too! My friends and family have been amazing! I feel profoundly blessed. 

Now, as I mentioned in my last blog, book 2, Broken Seed was in the review/proof stage. I meet my deadline and sent my final review back to my book project manager at 1:14 AM in Thursday, June 20th. Right on time! Though my eyes were crossed and my butt was numb, I made it! Whoo-hoo! I was pushing the limits on this one folks. I had less time than before, and the book is longer by about 50 pages! But they wanted to keep it on track for a quick released turnaround after The Deceiver. Good thing too since I am already getting asked for that one by people who have read it and want more!  

Don’t you hate having to wait a year before you get to read the next book in a series you are really enjoying? The wait feels sooo long! I am really glad my readers will only have to wait about three months to get their hands on book 2. Guess I better get at it on finishing up book 3 so I can get that on the production schedule with my publisher. Yikes! I am only about a third of the way done because I had to put it on hold to finalize the first two books! I can’t wait to finish! I’m excited to see how it turns out too! Oh, and did I mention, I am calling book 3, Sanctuary of Fire.  

One of my readers told me today that she can’t wait to read Broken Seed and I better hurry up on book 3 too so she won’t have to wait too long. It was encouraging to hear! But I was also like, “Oh crap. Better get a more on!”  

Has anyone seen those commercials lately with the little girl being interviewed with other kids who keeps saying, “But I want more, I want more.” Cracks me up! I’ve been hearing that a lot lately in random conversations. Seems to be the theme right now…”I want more.” Anyway, sorry, got side tracked. That happens to writers you know… 

So, back to the point…Yes, there was a point. My editor and designer have my notes and the last little change requests back on Broken Seed and are going through them to get them all fixed and locked in. Then, as they did before on The Deceiver, they will send it back to me all finished and pretty like, and I get to double check to make sure everything was done that I wanted or needed done, and if it is, sigh off so we can go to print!  

OMG…what a trip! That means I will have two books published this year! Holy kitty snot. That’s crazy. I am still pinching myself over here. Let me just say, GOD IS GOOD and has been amazing me with his love and favor.  

My hope is that anyone who reads these books will enjoy them immensely, but also take something away more than just entertainment. I hope they find a piece of truth or revelation that only they need to hear. Something that only God and they know they need. After all, what is in our hearts, who we really are, and what we have to fight the hardest against in our thoughts, is only known to you and to God.  

Until next time, enjoy The Deceiver saga! It’s already begun!
 

R.J. Machado De Quevedo

(Follow me on Twitter under @TheDeceiverBook )
You can order book 1, The Deceiver today!  The Deceiver Saga Begins!

Comments