On the Brink

Hello everyone! Have I mentioned how ON IT my publisher is? In case I haven’t mentioned it enough, let me say it now…again…THEY ARE ON IT!
 
The day after they sent me the final book cover, they sent me the revised and edited manuscript in electronic format all laid out in the expected print design. This included the inside cover page, dedication, table of contents, and subsequent chapters (of course). I can basically see what it will look like as a book. They will also be sending me a fully printed version, cover and all, to have in my anxious little hands so I can paw through it and feast my eyes upon it!
 
The goal here is simple. Give this baby of mine one last detailed read through and make sure it is exactly as I want it, catch any freaky little errors that us humans tend to make (especially my spelling, if you haven’t noticed), and make sure I like how it “looks” as well as feel fully satisfied with the way they laid it out in physical print.
 
I will have up to 30 days to return the digital version back to them with all my highlights and notes so they can lock in any final changes. Having the physical book in hand will help me to see things I might otherwise miss when reading it on the computer screen. I don’t know about you, but after a while, my beady little eyesies start to dry out and cross.
 
Once this last step is done, and I send them my final approval, it goes to print! And the public release date starts getting scheduled. Ooooohhhh, Yes!
 
Since I am also already in the book production process for book 2 in The Deceiver series, I should be getting the first edited draft back from my senior editor within the next week! So there will be some important overlap work to do between book 1 and 2. But I am happy to do it! I will need to do what I did for book 1 at this stage for book 2. A full slow reread, detailed review, make necessary changes and consider any suggested decisions along with reading all their notes thoroughly. I can’t wait!!

So a lot is happening right now and it is all fine by me. I feel very blessed and very fortunate!

Now, if I could just carve out some time to write more on book 3 I’d really be doing well! Auuh! I miss book 3! I left off in a really juicy spot and can’t wait to wrap up that chapter! I just finished chapter 6 too when I hit pause to handle all these other wonderful things. I’m itching to get back to it! Oooh, maybe this weekend! Now we’re talking…
 
Thank you for reading! Have a wonderful night!

R.J. Machado De Quevedo
(Follow me on Twitter under @TheDeceiverBook )

Comments