ATTENTION: My Books are being Published!

ATTENTION: My Books are being Published!

The Deceiver, by R. J. Machado De Quevedo

Hello everyone! As some of you are aware and many of you may not, I am a new Fictional Author. This may come as a shock to many of you, or at least it was when I told you recently. Please don’t feel bad about that! It’s just that sometimes, when you are trying to do something big, and you feel in your heart how important it is, you want to keep it close to your heart. Sometimes it’s the best thing to do until you see it work itself out and come into fruition. It’s sort of like being pregnant and wanting to wait until after the first trimester before telling your friends and family.

Earlier this year, I finished writing the first two books of a series that I have planned out. How did happen you might wonder? Well, in December 2009 I had a very inspiring and vivid dream one night. I have no doubt that the Lord gave me that dream as it spoke into my live in a profound way and reignited a passion within me. The dream was very personal and stuck with me for weeks. It was through the meditation of the meaning within that dream that ideas began to explode and a story unfold within my thoughts. It became so incredibly exciting to experience the creation of layer upon layer of details that developed into the life and soul of my main characters.

I started writing the first book back in 2010 after sitting on the ideas for months! One thing was for sure, I knew I just HAD to write it out! Even if it never got published, I wanted to write it just for my own enjoyment and satisfaction! This was my first attempt ever to write a full length Fictional Novel. After it was finished, I prayed about where to send it for publishing. I knew that I did NOT want to self-publish. Nothing against anyone who has done that, but I just felt that if Traditional Publishers wouldn’t take a risk and publish me, then I probably shouldn’t try to make a career out of it someday.

After praying about it, I submitted my manuscript to the publisher I had at the top of my list, Tate Publishing. Within only four days I had a reply from their Associate Director of Acquisitions offering me a publishing contract! They wanted to publish my books!

We start the editing schedule November 1st. It’s going to be an intense 3-4 months of editing followed by 3-4 months of working with their production managers, graphic designer, artists, marketing directors and distribution group to get the book ready for distribution. It’s going to be a great experience. A lot of work, no doubt about that, but worth it! The first book will be on shelves and available online for purchase around Spring 2013! The second book will be released a few months after that, probably in late summer. I was finally able to carve out some time while I was recently away on a business trip and started writing the third book. So far, it's going good.

I am so excited and overwhelmed by God’s goodness and favor. Praise God! It just goes to show that you should follow the passions and desire that God places within you. You have a purpose, you have a destiny. God knows what’s best for you, trust him. Let him show you how to obtain your hearts desires.

If you’re wondering what kind of novel it is? It can be best described as a supernatural mystery thriller. I’m sure my publisher will try to tack it down into a more precise category, but some books are just hard to classify. Mine is no exception. There is something in it for everyone: Thriller styled mystery and drama, violence, passion, trauma, lust, romance, old fears, new threats, murder, cover ups, and the fierce loyalty of friendship. And of course, there are spiritual encounters of demonic influences and angelic intervention. Sound like something you might want to read? I hope so!

It is as realistic as it is fictional. So be prepared to deal with some real emotion, true to life events, and your own secret temptations.

My first book is called, The Deceiver, By R. J. Machado De Quevedo.

Thanks for reading!

R. J. Machado De Quevedo
(check me out on Twitter under @TheDeceiverBook )

Comments