Acknowledgements

I wanted to start this blogging business the right way by thanking those in my life who have been the most supportive, encouraging and ever diligent with their never ending patience and love. I honestly don’t know if I could have finished my first two books without them!

First there is my dear precious husband, Luis, I love him so. He was so neglected and often ignored while I whisked along in a writing frenzy and dug ever deeper into the madness that so often accompanies a first time author who is striving to write something that makes sense and is hopefully entertaining. This man of mind had to “share” me for the first time (other than with our little kitty), with a whole group of people – my characters! Suddenly, this over snuggled, attended to, overly indulged man of mine wasn’t getting his fair share. Oh, he suffered so. I have to admit, it took me a while to learn to balance it all. After all, I have a full time job already and writing is something I have to squeeze in on nights and weekends after I fulfill all my other obligations. I don’t know how female authors with children can do it! I really don’t. I had a hard enough time keeping my man...well, satisfied. What a trooper he is! Now that he’s been “broken in” to the life of living with an Author, and has come to understand that my second job hasn’t replaced him, but is also for him, he’s never to be found sulking. Oh no, this man will bring me a sweater when it’s chilly, fill my water cup, and even disappear outside doing yard work for hours on the weekends just so I can write and write and write. However, the occasional hop or two past my peripheral vision is usually a sign that he’s in need of some attention. No, it’s true. He hops. But like I said, I love this man.
There are two other people who have been priceless to me. My sister, Bethany and my best friend April. God, what would I have do without them?! I pestered them with so many calls and rants trying to calm my over active brain and spewed out my ideas on them relentlessly! Like they didn’t have full time jobs and families of their own? Now they had to put up with me. But they did so with such grace and always with positive encouragement and excitement for me. They were always giving me great feedback and never complained about how many times I resent changes to them to read over. And no, you can’t go ask them for details about the books, they’ve been sworn to secrecy of the most savvier kind – my kind.
So that’s it for today. Some acknowledgments to get me on my way. I think I’ll blog next time on what it was like to sit down and start writing a novel for the first time. If you’d like to relive it with me, please come back and read on.

Now I have to finish making chili for my day job’s chili cook-off. Keep your fingers cross that I win! Well, as long as they don’t burn their mouths off that is. I tend to like it hot. ;o}


R. J. Machado De Quevedo
Follow me on Twitter under @TheDeceiverBook

Comments